The following positions are currently open:
Monday, September 1 is Labor Day – that means lots of free stuff happening this weekend!
Check out some of these free Labor Day activities:
Pig Out in the Park
August 27 – September 1
11am – 10pm
Music and food galore! Includes 47 food booth, four adult beverage gardens and 100 free concerts on four stages
Spokane Symphony Outdoor Concert
6pm – 7:30pm
There will be an audience sing-a-long of “Let It Go” from the Disney blockbuster film “Frozen.”
Green Bluff Growers
August 16 – September 1
Hang out in an orchard and enjoy the smells! You can also purchase your own freshly picked peaches. Watch out for bees!
Legacy of Expo ’74
Chase Gallery at City Hall
Ongoing until September 26
See art, photos, and artifacts from Spokane’s 1974 Expo
AVISTA UTILITIES PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
What is this about?
- On Monday, August 18, 2014, a settlement was reached on Avista’s most recent rate case before the Washington State Utility & Transportation Commission (UTC) utc.wa.gov
- Before the settlement is final, UTC commissioners will vote on the settlemtn agreement after attending (2) public hearings in Spokane, WA.
Why should I care?
- Electric customers could see an increase of $2.10 a month or (2.6%).
- Natural gas customers could see an increase of $3.62 a month or (5.9%).
- Increased rates will be effective January 1, 2015.
- The increase will allow Avista to make key capital investments in utility infrastructure and recover operating costs of serving customers.
Public Hearings Held:
Tuesday, August 26 (6-7:30pm)
City Council Chambers, 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd.
Wednesday, August 27 (12-1:30pm)
Spokane Valley Council Chambers, 11707 E. Sprague Ave.
If you can’t attend, but want to submit a comment?
MAIL Comments: P.O. Box 47250, Olympia, WA> 98504
EMAIL Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org