Did you know that the holiday season is a source of sadness and depression for many people? If you or someone you know experience holiday season depression, the following tips may help:
- Try to socialize more with loved ones – It has been shown that laughter and talking releases endorphins that improve moods
- Do a relaxing activity like reading a book, taking a walk, or listening to music – Your body has systems in place to calm you down when you start to feel overwhelmed. These activities help to let those systems take over.
- Get some good old aerobic exercise – Much like laughter, exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good
- Create goals – Achieving goals gives you a sense of success, which works wonders for improving moods.
- Have a good cry – Crying is both cleansing and gives you a sense of relief. Did you know that crying lowers stress and elevates your mood?
- Pamper yourself – Taking care of yourself and looking good also helps you feel good