Upcoming Job Fair, Spokane, WA on April 9th, 2014:
These are current job openings:
Deli Worker – Brooklyn Deli
Location: Brooklyn Deli, Spokane, WA
Duties: Day time deli person. Must have good customer service experience. Must know how to use hand slicer, cash register, and sandwich making. Valid drivers license. Bring resume to The Brooklyn Deli at 122 S. Monroe in Spokane. Bartending experience a plus.
Requirements: Food Handler Card, Food service experience preferred
Bus routes: 42
- Answering Phone calls
- Responding to emails
- Ordering supplies
- Working with the business office, data entry and shipping to work on efficacies.
- Has to be proficient with Excel, Word, and we would like a QuickBooks background.
- Set tasks for the day; create a faster way of doing daily activities.
- Work well with managers of other departments.
Summary of essential job functions
- Taking phone calls
- Using Excel, Word and possibly QuickBooks
- Help keep business office clean and current
- Be able to multitask
- Attention to detail
Requirements: Microsoft Excel knowledge or classes, GED or some college, able to lift 50-75 pounds
Bus routes: 90, 29
Retail – Stocking Specialist
Location: REI, Spokane, WA
Duties: The Retail Stocking specialist is focused on ensuring that merchandise is priced and available to customers shopping the sales floor and that any back stock is organized and accessible in the store warehouse. Stocking specialists also unload regular and event product shipments. They may be asked to assist with other projects as assigned by their store manager, assistant manager or supervisor.
- Able to lift 45 pounds periodically for up to 6 hours.
- Basic computing skills which include the ability to navigate simple ticket printing applications or look up product information.
- Previous experience in a warehouse, retail or shipping/receiving environment preferred but not required.
- Self motivated. Multi tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills: clear, concise and positive.
- Remains flexible in working various requested shifts
Bus routes: 1, 22, 24
Seasonal Night Warehouse Worker
Location: Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Spokane, WA
Duties: The Warehouse Worker is responsible for building product orders for outgoing loads for placement on route delivery trucks in an accurate and safe manner.
- Load route trucks and semi-trailers with propane or battery-operated forklift and/or pallet jack, moving product in and out of the warehouse.
- Move product to storage areas using the proper equipment.
- Stack and store merchandise in the appropriate area according to established sequences and procedures.
- Document all material transfers, shipments and movements electronically and/or on appropriate forms.
- Ensure items are stored in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Review orders for shipment and assemble the correct types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Maintain cleanliness in assigned area.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Experience with operating a forklift
- Lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Push and pull up to 100 lbs repeatedly
Bus routes: 94, 32
PM Order Selector
Location: Charlie’s Produce, Spokane, WA
Duties: Pick orders according to pick ticket with particular attention given to accuracy, speed, quality and safety. Must have sensory capabilities to avoid accidents as warehouse environment involves fast moving forklifts and power jack equipment.
- Must be able to pick at least 80 pieces/ hour
- 1 years of warehouse/picking experience
- Must have intermediate English skills (reading/writing/speaking)
- Basic math skills
- 1 year of riding pallet jack and/or forklift experience
- Produce experience a plus
- Must be able to take and pass a pre-employment drug test
Bus routes: 90, 94, 34
- Preparing and filing supplier requalification packages for Telect’s yearly audit.
- Gather and organize documentation for Telect’s supplier performance reports.
- Send requests to Telect’s suppliers for product information.
- Prepare new supplier packages and set up Telect’s new suppliers
- Send new quote packages, load the pricing and lead-time in Telect’s system.
- Completion of college level course work in Business or MIS.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
Bus routes: 174