Location: Goodwill Industries, 130 East Third Avenue
Duties: Work at Goodwill donation service centers, providing superior customer service to our donors, sorting and stacking donations, and maintaining a safe and organized work site. Qualified applicants must be available for work various work hours, seven days a week. Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check.
Requirements: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Reliable transportation. May be required to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY: Download the Goodwill-Employment-Application and fill it out. To submit your application, cover letter & references:
- Fax to 509-462-0515 or
- Mail or hand-deliver to:
Attn: Human Resources
130 East Third Avenue
Spokane, WA 99202
Pre-employment testing is conducted for selected positions. Hiring for some designated positions may be dependent upon drug testing results, driver’s license, background or credit checks. Please submit a separate application for each position.
Bus routes: 45, 94
Location: House of Charity, 32 W. Pacific
Duties: Receive all donations and purchases from donors and drivers. Ensure that all food and non-food items are stored properly and safely. Use safe food handling practices in the preparation of all food. Provide clean and sanitized counters, cutting surfaces, utensils and dishes. Perform end of the day cleaning in the kitchen. Prepare the evening meals for respite patients and volunteers on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Adhere to the tenants of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine. Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved. Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree. Dishwashing experience and familiar with institutional cooking strongly preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Food Handler’s Permit. Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Bus routes: 25, 26, 28, 29, 90, 174
Agency: US Airways
Duties: This position loads and unloads baggage and cargo, marshals aircraft to and from gates, and services aircraft; Move baggage and cargo of various weights to and from aircraft; Drive and operate belt loaders; Service aircraft at gates with ground power and air conditioning; Tow and pushback aircraft from gates; Service aircraft lavatories and water ports; Clean interior of aircraft when needed; Position beverage and luggage carts around the ramp area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS : At least 18 years of age; High school graduate or equivalent; Ability to work various shifts; People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude; Ability to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge; Ability to obtain jet bridge certification; Must have the ability to pass the US Postal Service background check; Ability to perform repetitive tasks and carry 70 pounds; Good communication skills; Valid US driver’s license required; Ability to work in extreme outdoor weather conditions
Location: WinCo Foods, 9718 E. Sprague Ave.
Duties: Maintains the quality condition of all products; stocks, rotates, and faces product; discards outdated and spoiled products and maintains stockroom. Orders products, cut cases, stacks, prices and marks merchandise. Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as handtrucks and pallet jacks. Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment. Assists customers with questions. Performs occasional checking duties with an emphasis on providing friendly, courteous, customer service. Performs training duties. Performs all job duties and responsibilities with honesty and integrity. Cuts boxes in a precise manner and places small containers on shelves. Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 40 lbs. within the range of floor level to overhead frequently. Lifts up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Push and pull hand trucks and pallet jacks containing product of substantial weight.
- Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time. Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness. Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide). Learn and memorize location of products, checkstand and keyboard procedures, company policies, PLU codes, inventory control merchandising, and shipping and receiving procedures. Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/ eye coordination to move freight. Exhibit interpersonal skills with oral and written communication skills. Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties. Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools and work aides. Work in freezer and cooler. Conduct visual inspection and merchandise being placed on shelves. Communicate (hearing & speech) to provide customer service during the day shift. Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately. Manual dexterity for placement of small items on hooks, on shelves, etc.
Bus routes: 90
Location: Dorian Studios, 4212 W Sunset Blvd, Spokane
Duties: Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service. Operates check stand equipment such as a cash register, scanner and scale to process customer orders using two aisles to check customers. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques. Processes monetary transactions (i.e., giving and receiving change, etc.) including cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers checks, food stamps, processing coupons, and refunds. Maintains knowledge of current product location, monitors UPC codes and ensures proper pricing. Maintains clean, neat and properly stocked check stand and ensures safe and secure work area. Stocks, prices and rotates merchandise. May be assigned to a multi station self-check-out lane as needed. May be assigned to the customer service counter as needed. Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
Requirements: Perform friendly, courteous, tactful relations with customers and co-workers with composure. Communicate (hearing and speech) to perform customer relation skills. Complete written forms. Conduct visual inspection, read information on merchandise, etc. Lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 20 lbs. frequently and perform repetitious work accurately. Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Operate check stand equipment such as cash registers, scanners, and scales. Stand for long periods of time, walk rapidly, bend, stoop, twist, and turn frequently for long periods of time. Manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination. Learn and memorize a considerable amount of information including PLU codes, location of products, check stand and keyboard procedures and company policies. Ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide). Climb and balance on ladders when stocking shelves. Use blades for box cutting. Work in a cooler and freezer. Use household cleaners to maintain work area (i.e., waxes, glass cleaner, etc.). Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties. Perform primary duties efficiently and accuratel
Bus routes: 42, 60, 61
Location: Quiznos – Airway Heights 10408 W. HWY 2 Suite 7
Duties: Looking for a responsible individual to join our team. Must be a quick learner and be able to work in a fast pace environment. We are a family run restaurant and pride ourselves in great customer service, great food and very friendly atmosphere.
Requirements: Able to learn quickly, have excellant customer service skills. Have good basic math skills. Must be able to work quickly & efficiently. Must have an outgoing personality and be a team player.
Bus routes: 61
Duties: The Direct Support Professional assists individuals with basic living skills, communication, community interaction and recreation. Focus is on maintaining a clean, safe, stimulating living environment, providing transportation and supporting individuals to become active members of their communities.
Requirements: – At least 18 years of age. High school diploma or equivalent. Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation strongly preferred. A strong desire to enrich the lives of others. Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Bus routes: 1, 22, 24
Seeking individuals interested in serving as Role-Players (disaster victims, mass casualties, anxious citizens, etc.) in support of a National Guard training exercise. This critically important exercise will occur 9-13 June, 2014 at Spokane Fire Training Center, Spokane, WA. Quality Role-Players are essential in adding realism to the scenario by simulating victims of a disaster event and thus enabling the National Guard to test, train and evaluate their life-saving tasks including extraction from a disaster site, victim decontamination, medical triage and treatment.
KEY POINTS FOR ROLE PLAYER PARTICIPATION
- All participants will be paid $9.32 an hour, with additional hours required based on role-player assignment.
- Participants will be required to wear old “Cut-away” clothing, with tight fitting swimming suits underneath, for realistic moulage application and for first responders who may “cut-away” clothing to apply immediate medical aid.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All applicants must be available: June 9, 2014 for orientation and training. June 11-13, 2014 for exercise participation. More specific information on times and locations will be provided to selected applicants.
- Go to http://www.iifdata.com and follow the “Role Player Support Services” link for additional information and to complete the online application.