AVISTA UTILITIES PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
What is this about?
- On Monday, August 18, 2014, a settlement was reached on Avista’s most recent rate case before the Washington State Utility & Transportation Commission (UTC) utc.wa.gov
- Before the settlement is final, UTC commissioners will vote on the settlemtn agreement after attending (2) public hearings in Spokane, WA.
Why should I care?
- Electric customers could see an increase of $2.10 a month or (2.6%).
- Natural gas customers could see an increase of $3.62 a month or (5.9%).
- Increased rates will be effective January 1, 2015.
- The increase will allow Avista to make key capital investments in utility infrastructure and recover operating costs of serving customers.
Public Hearings Held:
Tuesday, August 26 (6-7:30pm)
City Council Chambers, 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd.
Wednesday, August 27 (12-1:30pm)
Spokane Valley Council Chambers, 11707 E. Sprague Ave.
If you can’t attend, but want to submit a comment?
MAIL Comments: P.O. Box 47250, Olympia, WA> 98504
EMAIL Comments: email@example.com