YOUR HAPPINESS IS PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
But modern societies are built as if the opposite was true. We are surrounded by people, yet we feel genuinely connected to almost none of them. The effects are devastating.
Social isolation is as potent a cause of early death as smoking; and the epidemic of loneliness is twice as deadly as obesity.
We could change this in a day if we all reached out and made at least one positive connection. For the International Day of Happiness, that’s exactly what we’re going to do.
How to take action
1. Do something kind for others
2. Volunteer your time, energy and skills
3. Get to know your neighbours better
4. Understand each other’s needs
5. Look for the good in those around you