SNAP has begun a pilot program for Avista customers only, that would provide year-round assistance. Eligibility guidelines are as follows:
- Only available to Avista customers
- Provides a year-round Avista bill rate discount (natural gas or electric, must choose one)
- It is a Pilot program (test program). There are no guarantees that it will continue past September 2017.
- Limited to 800 customers; 700 in Spokane County; and 100 in Stevens, Lincoln and Ferry counties.
- The rate discount starts on October 1, 2015
- It is only available for customers in Spokane, Stevens, Lincoln, and Ferry counties.
- It is available for limited income senior, and disabled customers, living on a fixed income
- Must be between 126-200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Must have a fixed income
- To be placed on a list to be signed up for the October 1, 2015 program start date:
- Spokane County customers must contact the Northeast SNAP office at 509-487-1114.
Stevens, Lincoln and Ferry counties customers must contact Rural Resources at 509-685-6000.