Info about Lifeline: Free Cellphones or Landline Discount
The Washington Telephone Assistance Program (WTAP) ends on August 31, 2015.
Without WTAP, your home phone is going to cost a lot more.
You have two options:
- Lifeline gives a $9.25 monthly break off a landline. Get an application for Lifeline for your landline from your current telephone company.
- Sign up for a free cell phone through Lifeline. You can get the $9.25 monthly break off a landline or a free cellphone. You can’t get both.
Who is eligible for Lifeline? People who get:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- State assistance programs (if applicable)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Head Start (if income eligibility criteria are met)
Info about free cellphones is at: freegovernmentcellphones.net